Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Last Revised on 11/09/2019
USE OF THE WEBSITE
Cancel and Refund
Most of our airline tickets, hotels, pre-paid car rentals, vacation packages and service fees are non-refundable after 24 hours of booking. Travel insurance is refundable within 10 days of purchase if travel has not yet begun and you have called our customer service center to cancel. All cancellations must be done over the phone only. We can accept refund requests only if the following conditions have been met:• You have applied for a cancellation and refund with us and, if the fare rules permit cancellation and refunds;• You are not a “no show” (most “no show” bookings are in-eligible for any waiver from suppliers for refund processing); and• We are successfully able to secure waivers from suppliers to process this requested cancellation and refund.We are unable to provide a specific time frame for how long it may take for the requested refund to be processed. All refund requests are processed in a sequential format. Once you have provided our customer service agent with your cancellation request, we will then send you an email notification which will be your receipt of requested refund. This notification does not automatically qualify you for a refund. This only provides you with an acknowledgement of your request and provides you with a case number. Once the request is received, we will work with the suppliers such as airlines, hotels, car-rental companies to generate a waiver primarily based on their policies and notify you of the supplier decision. Our services fees associated with the original travel reservation or bookings are non-refundable. Please note that we are dependent on our suppliers for receiving the requested refunds. Once the refund request has been approved by the supplier it may take further time for the refund to appear on your credit card statement. Generally, all suppliers will charge a penalty for refund. This entire process may take 30-60 days from receipt of your request to credit appearing on your statement. Other than the airlines and other suppliers refund penalties, Zakvi will charge a refund services fee, as applicable. All refund fees are charged on per-passenger, per-ticket basis. These fees will only be assessed if a refund has been approved by the supplier or a waiver has been received and when the airline/supplier rules permit such refunds. If such refund is not processed by the supplier, we will refund you our refund service fees applicable refund request, but not our booking fees for the original travel reservation or booking.As per our Exception Policy, we offer Special Discounts for Military, Natural Disasters, Bereavement, and the Visually Impaired.
Credit/Debit Card Payment Terms
- All credit cards must have verifiable US, Canadian or other countries’ billing address.
- All bookings and fares are not guaranteed until ticketed. For hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, the bookings are not guaranteed unless you receive a confirmation number by email.
- When you submit your credit or debit card for a purchase, we request an authorization for the amount of your anticipated transaction (placing a temporary “hold” on the funds). If for some reason we are unable to confirm your booking, you will not be charged and we will request that such hold be released by your credit or debit card bank; until then, funds subject to the hold will not be available to you for other purposes.
- If your credit card is declined for any reason, we will notify you within 24 hours, simply submitting the credit card does not automatically guarantee ticketing.
- Zakvi bears no responsibility in the event your credit or debit card is not approved or charged. There can be many reasons why your credit or debit card may not have been approved or charged. Examples of these maybe: Airline could not confirm the booking, fare increased since payment information was submitted and prior to ticketing or sufficient funds not available on the credit card. In such instances where the fare may have increased, you will be provided with alternate options and you have the right to cancel the booking at no cost to you. When the booking is ticketed at the cost originally quoted to you the ticket becomes non-refundable and non-cancellable.
- Zakvi uses stringent safety measures for credit card payment processing. Fraudulent transactions, if any, are reported to airport security, airlines and other federal and state law enforcement.
- Most credit card transactions over the phone to our Customer Service Department are recorded and are available as evidence in case of any dispute.
- Online credit card transactions are authorized at the time a user or anyone acting on their behalf accepts these terms and conditions and continues with the purchase.
- In order to provide you further safety, when certain transactions are determined to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it’s safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.